Sunday, October 5, 2008

A Fresh Start in All Senses

Once again I have been neglecting my blogg. Not for the normal reasons of being super busy with other things of course :-S

As of the 26th of October, I will be moving back to Switzerland in the hopes of persuing a medical carreer. After getting fed up with the style here in Utrecht, I heard that there might be a chance for me to start medicine in Zurich. This is awesome! The only reason that I had set aside medicine was because I thought that I did not fullfill all of the requirements. This seems to have changed the last year. If I do not happen to get into a medical carreer right from the start, I will start training as a nurse and then go into medicine. This is difficult but not impossible. Thanks to the training in Switzerland, I will be allowed to give vacinations (not often practiced in other countries) as well as doing the first inspections of the pacient and things like stitches. This I am super excited about. Either which direction I go (either as a Doctor or as a Nurse) I am considering working with disabled children or in the emergency room.

So as to accompany my change in life style (if you haven't done the math yet, a Swiss Franc can buy a lot of pretty pretty yarn) I have started my first shawl. I think I have already doomed my success, because I have chosen a very large shawl. Today I cast on 110 starting stitches of the "Rose Trellis Shawl". I love the look of it and I am excited about using up some of the pink lace-weight yarn that I had gotten over Ebay in order to make my "biggest wrap ever" - which took me 2 years to finish.

In just over two weeks I will be leaving the beautiful city of Utrecht and I am having mixed feelings about it. There is a REAL appartment set up and waiting for me in Switzerland (once I get a job and some money that is) which I am excited about, since my last appartment alone has been over a year ago. But I am looking forward to being on my own, persuing a carreer that I am despiratly excited about but at the same time, I am sorry that it will not be possible in a city that I love to live in. I am also sad that I will be doing monthly visits with my now boyfriend but I am certain that we will be able to get over this bump in the road and make it work (even though I have no faith in long distance due to previous relationships).

I'm thinking this is going to be my last blogg from the Netherlands and for that then my last words in Dutch from Holland!

Ik heb het echt genoten hier in Utrecht te wonen and ik wens me dat die mensen en die Stadt het zelfte blijven als ik hier op bezoek ben! Ik hoop erg snell wier in Utrecht te zijn en de Nederlanden het een plek in mij hart gevonden. Misschien ben ik hier ook heel snell wie voor en Medicine-praktika!

Liefs,
Sam

No comments: