Sunday, October 12, 2008

New Store: Beadies!

Hi Everyone!

This post is about a new store that I found here in Utrecht (I didn't find it really... Danja found it and told me about it). I went there for the first time with Sytze on Friday. I saw all these cool beads and the idea is that you can make your own jewlery. Anything from earings, bracelete or necklaces. I decided to try it all out and found some cute things to remind me of Holland (so a bracalete filled with a lot of blue and white).

Usually there are people in the store that help you put your jelwary together. It was close to closing for them though, so they were not so friendly towards me... thirty minutes before closing I packed my things together, payed and left. I did not have my bacelete finished by then - It's a good idea to take an entire afternoon the first time.

When I went back yesterday, I saw all the pretty already made jelwary that they have for sale. The necklaces and the braceletes are all very cute and pretty cheap (ranging form 10 - 30 Euros). I thought this was a very affordable price.

I was so excited yesterday, that we went there early (it's a Saturday so we were there by 1 p.m.). Sytze made me some earings to go with my bracelete and I made myself a necklace to remind me of the ocean when I am not there... it still turned out pink and pictures are to follow.

From the range of beads they sell at Beadies and the help you recieve putting your jelwary together is great. It's even better if you already know what you are doing, because spending more than an hour in that store is horrible. It took me and hour and 15 minutes to get all the beads for my necklace and by then all I wanted to do was go home. I didn't even want to put my jelwary together there.

I will be going back to pick out some other nice things that I like. I hope to also get the beads there for the girls' braceletes/ necklaces for Christmas. I will not get the wiring there, since all they offer is metal and not silver.

Love,
Sam

No comments: