Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Why oh Why is Blogging so Difficult!?

Hey Everyone,

Once again I am back - the percistantly unregular blogger. Once again I have an amazing excuse. My Brother is back for Vacation and has decided to take the room over that was mine and all my things are in there - no more access. I have also been ill for a whole WEEK with the stupid stomach-flu this year. I hope no one gets it, because I was so weak that I wasn't able to do anything other than sleep and experience strange bodily functions for 7 days. Then it took another 7 days just to get over the not eating and needing more rest.

Exciting Christmas News (ooh: Merry Christmas. I was planning on doing a blogg-extrance for Christmas) - I send out a Christmas-wishlist to the 3 important men in my life (boy-friend, father and brother). They can choose from the list and buy it - no more excuses that they didn't know what to get me! I am so happy, because my daddy got it right and he got me a Golding-spindle in the butterfly design!!! So the days after Christmas were packed with ordering awesome roving to play with. I calculated the amount at the end of the week and decided that for a beginner, 500g should keep me pretty busy for a while. Maybe they'll get together and get me an electric-spinner for my birthday! That in itself is a little too much to ask for though.

I finished the first sweater for Sytze just in time for Christmas. This was a bad idea - Christmas and the sweater have put alot of pressure on us. Plus he's leaving back for Holland this Saturday and that makes me really sad. I would get to see him until the third week of Febuary, which means I have to wait another month and two weeks. This will be passed quickly though thanks to many awesome shop owners on Ebay and Etsy. As well as friends that have just recently come back to Switzerland.

Etsy is my new disovery. I have never ordered from etsy, because I prefer to get my wool locally. I have been unsuccessful in finding someone that makes ready to spin/ beautifully dyed roving here in Switzerland though. I will eventually. There are so many awesome batts and plaits of roving on Etsy though! I am totally hooked. There is so much and there are so many people that can accomidate the budget of a starving student looking to cut costs with the shipping! I love it. I promise to let you know how the roving turns out as well as my spinning adventures!

"From Sheep-back to Human-back".
Much love and Merry Christmas,
Samantha

No comments: